Shiatsu for Mothers and Babies (from the first few weeks and beyond)
Post-natal Shiatsu gives precious space for you and your baby to relax and rest together whilst receiving beneficial bodywork. You can also receive support on your own too, if you need some time to yourself. Shiatsu is very nourishing for both you and your baby during this special time, whether together or on your own, as you benefit so does your baby. Traditional Oriental wisdom states, ‘Treat the mother to treat the baby.’
Home visits available in the early post-natal period.
Benefits of post-natal Shiatsu are support:
· to recharge your energies, rest and help with exhaustion
· to offer relief from shoulder and back tensions, and any residual pelvic/hip/back pain
· to balance your needs as a new mother and your needs as yourself
· for birth recovery – support with natural abdominal and pelvic floor muscle toning and readjustment, improving circulation and lymphatic flow, and energy flows around the body
· for birth recovery and to support healing from any physical or emotional trauma during birth including medical interventions and unexpected experiences
· for breast well-being through deep energetic body work and self-care techniques, for support with breast tension, milk flow, feeding
· with emotional balance, during any ups and downs, as you continue to adjust to all the hormonal changes and early demands of motherhood
· bonding with your baby
· Shiatsu sessions with partners can be arranged for on-going support at home. Partners can also receive Shiatsu to help support their energy levels, and well-being too.
· Self-care post-natal exercises to support you may be included.
· Shiatsu techniques can be shown for you to incorporate into your baby massage routine.
Shiatsu for Mothers and Babies with Partner Support
From an energy work perspective, the ideal would be for you as a new mother to receive daily or weekly bodywork to support your energy levels, emotional rebalancing and birth recovery.
Whilst weekly or fortnightly sessions may be possible with a professional practitioner, a great way to boost the effects of these is to receive some simple energy work from your partner, family member or friend.
Shiatsu sessions with partners can be arranged for on-going support at home or you can come along for a session at the centre.
These sessions give a chance for you all to continue bonding as a family unit, and for you and your partner to connect with each other.
Feedback from couples who have had a session:
· the mother’s legs felt refreshed
· feels good to connect the three of us together
· feels good to connect through touch with my partner when we are often so busy now
· ideas for partner to support himself too
· very adaptable, baby able to feed whilst partner giving support
Partners can also receive Shiatsu to help support their energy levels, and well-being too.